Dear readers, gazers, critics, searchers...

Welcome to my blog!  My name is Samantha Yang, and these are images of my artwork.  In upcoming posts, you will see a title, an image, pertinent work information (dimensions, media, dates, etc.), and probably some tidbits about each piece regarding process, inspiration, fluff.

I am open to any and all feedback.  Art is a method of communication, and the best art creates a dialog between the viewers and the work.  Please feel free to despise, adore, be bored, be intrigued, be critical, or be all of the above.

Thanks for reading, and I hope you enjoy!
-Sam

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Self Portrait

Oil on canvas
48" x 48"
2005
$200

This is a self portrait from a couple of years ago.  At the time, I was experimenting with muted colors and exaggerated shapes.  (You can see the same style in the Split Personality diptych.)  

No comments: