Dear readers, gazers, critics, searchers...

Welcome to my blog!  My name is Samantha Yang, and these are images of my artwork.  In upcoming posts, you will see a title, an image, pertinent work information (dimensions, media, dates, etc.), and probably some tidbits about each piece regarding process, inspiration, fluff.

I am open to any and all feedback.  Art is a method of communication, and the best art creates a dialog between the viewers and the work.  Please feel free to despise, adore, be bored, be intrigued, be critical, or be all of the above.

Thanks for reading, and I hope you enjoy!
-Sam

Friday, June 19, 2009

Holes in Memory

 
Charcoal and acrylic on wooden palette
18" x 12"
2009
Not for sale

This is a new piece, done as part of a fundraiser for the Alzheimer's Association.  It was auctioned off to raise money for the Memories in the Making art therapy program.  The theme of the piece is Alzheimer's Disease, and the word "memory" is repeated throughout the background.

1 comment:

mom said...

I love it Sam! Such a creative use of a painter's pallette. It's a powerful piece. I'd buy it!